Boost Growth & Category Sales Across Online, Convenience, Discounter & Main Estate: Winning Channel Strategies For Impactful, Profitable Category Management
Consumer Trend-Led Category Visions To Get Your Product In The Basket In Today’s Challenging, Multi-Channel Retail Environment & Forge Strong, Collaborative Retailer Relationships & Best-In-Class Ranging & Promotion Strategies
A One-Day, Networking Event, 23rd February 2017, The Waldorf Hilton Hotel, Central London. Download brochure here.
08.30 Registration, Morning Coffee & Objective Setting
09.00 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction
09.10 Morning Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Head of Category & Insight
WHAT DO THEY WANT? – PANEL DISCUSSION
09.20 What Do They Want? Understand Consumer Wants, Needs & Changing Shopper Trends With Key Insights For Profitable Category Management In An Uncertain Economic Landscape
- Get your product in the basket! Examine consumer insights and shifting generational shopper profiles to boost growth
- Understand the voice of your customer! Utilising feedback and customer satisfaction to fuel category sales
- Examine shopper journeys from main estate, to online, to discounter, to convenience for insight-fuelled performances
- Create greater footfall and drive growth by adapting your category to changing shopper missions
- Harness the potential opportunities created by Brexit – don’t lose out to competitors on emerging behaviours
Fresh Food Buyer, Own Bought & Concessions
Head of Innovation
formerly Aryzta Bakeries Europe
Head of Marketing
Group Director of Insight & Innovation
formerly 2 Sisters Food Group
09.50 Harness Real-World Retailer Insight & Channel Strategies To Help You Cultivate The Perfect Retailer-Manufacturer Relationship
- What do retailers really want from their suppliers? Utilise the latest retailer insights and trends for long-term collaboration
- Advice on developing multi-channel retailer strategies which take advantage of the changing retail landscape
- Don’t turn the buyer off! Best-practice advice on grabbing buyer attention for sustained category growth and boosted sales
10.10 Essential Rules For The Digital & Physical Presence
- Consistency – ensure your physical and digital presence are the same
- Alignment – are you aligned internally and with your customer?
- Regulatory – do you meet current NFT information guidelines?
- Efficiency – are you process efficient?
- Speed to market – can you accelerate new product development?
- Cost – where to reduce costs?
CPG Industry Principal. Global Group, Brand Owners Program
10.30 Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Informal Coffee Break Discussions
A) Private Label – Build successful relationships with private label brands and discounters to ensure your brand remains competitive
Trading Controller Retail Own Brand & Chilled
B) Reinvigorating Your Category – Innovative ideas to breathe new life into your category and company!
C) Amazon Fresh – Examine the impact Amazon Fresh could have on the retail and buyer market for a brand strategy that exploits online trends and growth
D) Premiumisation – Differentiate your product to gain customers loyal to your brand
E) Online Promotions – What is the role of online promotions? Key insights into taking promotions to the online channel
Senior Category Manager
BEST PRACTICES FOR ENABLING CATEGORY GROWTH & HOW VIRTUAL REALITY CAN HELP
11.00 Bonus Session
VP of Solutions for Europe
Category Strategy Manager
11.20 Create Productive Manufacturer-Retailer Relationships!
Join Premier Foods for best-practice advice on cultivating successful retailer-manufacturer relationships across the channel mix for boosted commercial success
Head of Category Management – Sweet Treats
CATEGORY VISIONS KEYNOTE – DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE
11.40 Insight-Fuelled Category Strategies For Every Channel Which Engage Retailers, Bring In New Business Opportunities & Maximise Growth
- Put your category vision into action with trend-led strategies which win over customers and shoppers
- Convince retailers to invest in your product with multi-channel category strategies that stand out
- Sell your strategies internally and influence the board for a category team which drives success
- Future-proof your business with innovative category strategies that safeguard against uncertainty
11:40 Perspective One
12.00 Perspective Two
Head of Category & Operational Marketing Milk & Ingredients
Müller UK & Ireland Group
ENABLING CATEGORY GROWTH WITH VIRTUAL REALITY
12.20 Case Study
- The current shopper revolution is changing the face of UK Grocery Retail
- How can FMCG manufacturers create competitive advantage and turn these challenges into opportunities?
- Will the ‘winners’ require a transformational approach in this new environment and what could this look like?
Senior Vice President
12.40 Lunch & Informal Networking For Delegates, Partners & Speakers
13.10 Facilitated Informal Peer Category Breakouts Discussions
13.40 Afternoon Chairman’s Opening Remarks
13.50 Optimise Your Online Strategies To Tap Into The Latest Trends & Growth With Hard-Hitting Category Activation That Wins Retailers & Shoppers Alike
- Advice on developing a cohesive brand vision that guides the consumer from click to checkout
- What’s working for retailers online? Harness insight for effective collaboration that boosts online sales
- Mobile? Tablet? Desktop? Explore the different devices shoppers use and how this affects the consumer journey
- Utilise the available analysis tools, shopper insights and metrics to track and measure the ROI of the online channel
Director of Customer & Shopper Marketing
Tata Global Beverages
CONVENIENCE TRENDS & INSIGHTS
14.10 Harness Key Insights To Beat The Competition With Winning Category Strategies For Convenience Success
- Which formats and strategies work best in convenience? Utilise the key insights that tap into this growth area
- With consumers shopping for less more often, explore the changing consumer trends to increase basket spend
- Who’s collaborating with retailers to create a convenience pack format that stands out from big box packs?
Head of Category Planning
THE FUTURE OF CATEGORY MANAGEMENT
14.30 Get ready to grow your category! This presentation will not only explain how to grow categories but it will also provide you with the latest technology and analytics to win with your retailers and shoppers.
- How categories change and grow
- Category Positioning not just Brand Positioning
- The latest technology and analytics solutions for you to win with both Shopper and Retailers – consistently, efficiently, cost effectively
Director of Consulting
DISCOUNTER GROWTH – DELEGATE DISCUSSION
14.50 Discuss The Latest Discounter Strategies & Share Advice On Building Successful Working Relationships For Boosted Category Growth
Debate the best ways of operating within the low-cost discounter model without upsetting other trading contacts: what are retailers thinking in terms of discounters and will brands grow more important in discounter strategy?
15.10 Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
KEY ACCOUNT HOLDER FIRESIDE CHAT
Join Belvoir Fruit Farms as they tackle your category concerns about working with retailers:
- What’s the best way to engage buyers and get them to pick your product over those of your competitors’?
- What current trends and challenges are you seeing in the market?
- What are your top tips for expanding your category and working collaboratively with retailers?
National Account Manager (Asda, Morrisons, Ocado, Co-op, EH Booth)
Belvoir Fruit Farms
BOOSTING MAIN ESTATE
15.40 Insight Into Current Main Estate Growth & Strategies To Reinvigorate Your Big Box Category Vision & Sustain Growth In Today’s Changing Retail Environment
- Delve into current main estate formats to differentiate your category
- Where does the future of in-store activation lie? Create strategies that tap into the latest in-store trends to bring commercial success
- How will retailers keep main estate competitive after the growth of online, convenience and discounters?
Director of Category
16.00 Succeed At Range Rationalisation For The Optimum Offering That Meets Retailer Needs & Boosts Brand Sales
- What is the optimum range that meets consumer needs? Examine the impact range rationalisation will have on the category landscape
- Investigate how retailers decide which ranges to keep and the affect this has on the category to survive rationalisation
- Create insight-driven strategies on each channel to avoid replicating ranges for greater commercial success with a wider consumer audience
SUCCESSFUL NPD – CASE STUDY
16.20 Premiumise Your Category Through Innovation! Create Insight-Led Products Which Appeal To Retailers & Consumers Alike
Gain the latest consumer and retailer trends to create innovative NPD for boosted profits and products which succeed in the changing retail landscape.
Head of Product Development
Winterbotham Darby & Co Ltd
16.40 Chairman’s Closing Remarks
17.10 Official Close Of Conference
Please check the website regularly for updates and newly-confirmed speakers. For more information on how to get involved in The Category Management Conference – Advanced Channel Strategies In Action, please call +44 (0)203 479 2299 or email email@example.com.