Capitalise On Evolving Shopper Missions & Market Opportunities With Insight-Led Commercial Approaches For Profitable, Trend-Led Convenience Strategies Which Drive Long-Term Growth
09.00 Registration, Networking & Meet & Greet
09.25 Co-Chair’s Morning Opening Remarks
Commercial Strategy Manager
SHOPPER MISSIONS & BEHAVIOURS
09.40 Tapping Into Convenience Shopper Mindsets To Shape Insight-Led, Innovative Category Offerings
- Refining our understanding of the convenience shopper – just who are they and what do they want?
- With less data and insights to work with, how can you get the most out of the macro and micro trends?
- Realistically actioning convenience channel insight for category strategies which capitalise on trends and seize opportunities for long-term growth
UK Controller – Convenience
10.15 Sustaining Retailer-Manufacturer Partnerships That Weather Changes In The Convenience Market For Category Growth & Commercial Success
- Cultivate a mutually-beneficial partnership with retailers bought into category strategies around range, price, promotion, shelf and display
- With limited shelf space, chilled displays and range rationalisation rife – how can manufacturers create offerings which respond to retailer needs?
- How can manufacturers build long-lasting relationships with retailers when there is no natural platform?
Head of Own Label
10.45 Informal Networking & Morning Refreshments
11.20 Guarantee Increased Basket Spend With Mission-Based, Segmented Convenience Strategies & Tailored Ranges, Offerings & Promotions Strategies
- Personalise your promotions policies to store characteristics to engage shoppers and increase spend
- Increase capture rates with insight-led strategies which deliver the right offering and range for your stores and customers
- Appropriately adapting your offerings across small-format grocers, symbols, forecourts and independents
Customer Category Development Manager, Total Snacking
11.55 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Convenience Growth Day, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
12.25 Lunch & Informal Networking
12.55 Informal Discussions & Peer Brainstorming
A. Planogramming & Store Layouts
Head of Own Label
B. Success In The Symbol Groups
C. Remaining Relevant In Small Format Multiples
D. Winning Propositions & Enduring Partnerships In Forecourt Retailing
13.25 Afternoon Chair’s Remarks
FOOD-TO-GO & MEAL OCCASION OPPORTUNITIES
Competing To Win In A Crowded Market: What Is The Future Of Mission-Led Meal Occasions & How Can You Tap Into It?
- How can category managers operate with a lack of data to spot gaps and seize growth opportunities within food-to-go over the next five years?
- Pairing and meal occasion strategies which persuade shoppers to ‘trade-up’ to premium meal deals or snacking solutions
13.40 Ian Garrett
Sales Director – Convenience
14.15 Richard Hemming
Head of Category Planning
14.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Convenience Growth Day, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details.
Please check the website regularly for updates and newly-confirmed speakers. For more information on how to get involved in The Category Management Conference – Advanced Channel Strategies In Action, please call +44 (0)203 479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
15.20 Refreshment Break & Informal Networking
INDEPENDENT ADHERENCE – DELEGATE DISCUSSION
15.50 How Do You Convince Independent Retailers To See The Mutual Advantages Of Complying With Category Plans
- What actual control and power do head offices have when influencing and incentivising independents to meet their vision aer signing up to the fascia? How successful is this?
- Drive the right category principles and brand vision to ensure retailer buy-in and maintain compliance across range, promotion, display and pricing
- How do we know when we’ve achieved compliance success? Which KPIs should we focus on to determine success or failure?
FUTURE OF CONVENIENCE
16.10 Adaptive Strategies To Stay Ahead & Capitalise On Convenience Growth In The Changing UK Retail Market
- What future innovations are set to compliment ever-changing shopper missions and behaviour and how could you use them?
- How can convenience stores capitalise on click-and-collect and the rise of online shopping forcing people to top-up little and often?
- How are shopper perceptions of price and value changing and how can manufacturers keep one step ahead?
Head of Impulse Category Development
16.40 Co-Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Convenience Day