Drive Future Category Growth With Insights Into Retailer Expectations & Shopper Behaviours For Profitable Category Management:
Engaging, Exciting, Collaborative Multi-Channel Category Strategies Across Convenience, Discounters, Online & Main Estate With Trend-Savvy, Data-Led Visions
08.30 Registration & Coffee
09.10 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction, Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
Operational Marketing Director
Müller UK & Ireland
PROFITABLE RETAILER RELATIONSHIPS
09.25 As Range Rationalisation & Market Uncertainties Change The Playing Field, Generate Shared Victories With Inspiring, Successful Retailer-Manufacturer Collaborations
- Fulfil the needs of your customer and your shopper by understanding how best to collaborate for mutual profits
- Engage and excite retailers with advanced presentation methods that will rejuvenate your strategies and develop win/win partnerships
- Stay innovative whilst retailers are rationalising ranges with future-proofed approaches that prove your value and strengthen partnerships
- Best-in-class project collaboration for true partnership success
NEW! RETAILER Q&A
09.45 Keep The Door Open With Insights Into What Buying & Trading Teams Are Looking For & What Data Will Make Them Sit Up & Pay Attention!
Nick Parkes, Head of Own Label, Costcutter
Louisa Nicholls, Senior Online Trading Manager, John Lewis
10.15 From Trade Promotional Planning To Effective Retail Execution: How To Use Big Data & IoT to Improve Performance, Brand Presence & Compliance
- Trade promotional management and retail execution are the book ends of the same challenge, but not linked – how could you bring these together?
- It is anticipated that more data will be generated in the next 2 years than in the previous 40 years. How can you take advantage of the data to improve category sales?
- The Internet of Things, sounds great, but what is it and how do you use it to grow your business?
Senior Solutions Consultant EMEA
10.30 Refreshment Break With Informal, Facilitated Networking
SHOPPER INSIGHTS & EXPECTATIONS PANEL DISCUSSION
11.00 Navigate Ever-Changing Shopper & Consumer Missions & Trends For More Insightful, Precise Category Strategies
- The future of shopping is fast-moving and ever-changing, how can you be at the forefront, not left in the dust?
- Understand the promiscuous shopper by knowing which trends are fads and which to invest in for truly informed category visions
- Foresight into the health super trend: where it is heading, how big it is going to get, how to embrace it and sugar tax-inspired innovations!
- In times of uncertainty at least you can be sure of the seasons; how to make the most of seasonal aisles with a short window of opportunity
- Invigorate your category with category-led NPD which endures
Category Development Manager
Baxters Food Group
Senior Category Manager
AB InBev UK
Senior Category Manager
2 Sisters Food Group
11.30 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Category Management Conference - Driving Growth, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
ACTIONING SHOPPER INSIGHTS - NEW
11.45 Understanding Your Shopper Is Only Half The Battle; Convert Data Insights Into Actionable Strategies Which Produce Results
- Is your shopper at the heart of your commercial strategy? Translate visions into sales by communicating the link between consumers’ needs and your category
- Anyone can read a data report, give your customers the results they want by turning big data into relevant, actionable solutions
- Inventive alternatives to overspending on data whilst staying competitive with the big brands
12.05 Navigate Ever-Changing Shopper & Consumer Missions & Trends For More Insightful, Precise Category Strategies
- Tap into convenience insights for informed commercial strategies which boost growth
- Interrupt your shoppers’ mission with savvy occasion, promotion and pairing concepts that will see your category in prime shelf space and your consumers trading up by increasing food capture rates and basket spend
- How to adapt your customer strategy to a different, convenient way of thinking across small-format grocers, symbols, forecourts and independents
- Overcome internal barriers to actioning shopper insights with tactics on how to achieve success and shopper-centricity within the entire team
Senior National Account Manager – Convenience
BOOSTING ONLINE - CROSS SECTOR
12.25 Embracing The Omni-Channel World & How John Lewis Is Harnessing Its Digital & Physical Space To Win In An Ever-Changing Retail Landscape
Senior Online Trading Manager
12.45 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Category Management Conference - Driving Growth, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details.
13.15 Lunch & Informal Networking For Delegates, Partners & Speakers
13.45 Informal Discussions & Peer Brainstorming
A) Sales & Account Managers
B) Own Label
Head of Own Label
C) Smart Snacking – An Evolving Category
14.15 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
UNLOCKING NEW GROWTH CHANNELS - CASE STUDY
14.30 A Case Study On Breakfast Drinks: Creating A Clear Vision For Success & Executing With Pace
DISCOUNTER EXCELLENCE - DELEGATE DEBATE
14.50 As Discounters Continue To Steam Ahead In The Fight For Market Share, How Can You Profit From The Growth Opportunities?
- Benefit from discounters without disturbing the rest of the market for strong relationships on all sides
- Delve into the mind of the discounter shopper and how they differ from other channels
- How can category managers become more collaborative with discounters?
- Help transform own label with more coefficient insights in order to secure extra shelf space#
- Can existing channels compete with discounters on price points in the lead up to Brexit?
WINNING MAIN ESTATE
15.10 Seize Every Opportunity For Growth With Insights Into How Shopper Missions Are Changing & How Your Category Visions Should Be Too
- Master the challenge of staying innovative in main estate whilst your environment is a-buzz with discounter, online and convenience chatter
- Explore how shopper attitudes and actions are changing as well as how to adapt these learnings to your category and approach
- Ingenious in-store activation tactics to grow your sales and shelf space over and above those of your competitors
- Cutting-edge planagram and fixture navigation methods to attract your shopper and encourage purchases
Head of Category & Shopper Marketing
15.30 Refreshment Break With Informal, Facilitated Networking
16.00 Support Your Category Through Upcoming Inflation & Combative Pricing Tactics With Savvy Pricing & Promotion Strategies Which Mitigate The Risk Of Increasing Costs & Rationalisation
- Future-focused promotional strategies which combat increasing ticket prices in the face of inflated costs
- How, when and where to extract additional value and recover costs as steady price and inflation challenges increase
- Optimising promotions to drive brand and retail sales simultaneously
- How to work with your retailer for mutual gains when range rationalisation may appear to be the only option
Business Unit Controller
FUTURE OF CATEGORY MANAGEMENT - THOUGHT LEADERS
16.20 Where Will The Category Management Role Be In 5-10 Years? Stay Ahead Of Industry & Market Changes With Intuitive Visions Into The Future Of Category Management & The Implications For You Today
- What is the next phase in the evolution of category management - is it back to basics or burn the textbook?
- Self-driving delivery vehicles, drones, virtual reality and subway supermarkets, where could category management be heading?
- Flexible and resilient category strategies to changing market conditions: inform retailing strategies, support mutually-beneficial manufacturer-retailer partnerships and reflect shoppers’ needs for long-term profitable success
- How will the future of category management be shaped by other roles and what will that mean for your commercial strategies?
- Be prepared to support your organisation by pre-empting upcoming pricing challenges and future-proofing your category
Head of Own Label
Head of Category Management - Sweet Treats
Head of GB Convenience & Discounters Team
Category Insight Manager
Co-Founder & Comms Director
Thomson & Scott Ltd
16.50 Official Close Of Conference & Chair’s Closing Remarks
PLUS! Separately-Bookable, Post-Conference Convenience Growth Day, 1st March 2018, Asia House, London. Take A Look At The Programme Below:
Capitalise On Evolving Shopper Missions & Market Opportunities With Insight-Led Commercial Approaches For Profitable, Trend-Led Convenience Strategies Which Drive Long-Term Growth
09.00 Registration, Networking & Meet & Greet
09.25 Co-Chair’s Morning Opening Remarks
SHOPPER MISSIONS & BEHAVIOURS
09.40 Tapping Into Convenience Shopper Mindsets To Shape Insight-Led, Innovative Category Offerings
- Refining our understanding of the convenience shopper - just who are they and what do they want?
- With less data and insights to work with, how can you get the most out of the macro and micro trends?
- Realistically actioning convenience channel insight for category strategies which capitalise on trends and seize opportunities for long-term growth
UK Controller – Convenience
10.15 Sustaining Retailer-Manufacturer Partnerships That Weather Changes In The Convenience Market For Category Growth & Commercial Success
- Cultivate a mutually-beneficial partnership with retailers bought into category strategies around range, price, promotion, shelf and display
- With limited shelf space, chilled displays and range rationalisation rife – how can manufacturers create offerings which respond to retailer needs?
- How can manufacturers build long-lasting relationships with retailers when there is no natural platform?
Head of Own Label
10.45 Informal Networking & Morning Refreshments
11.20 Guarantee Increased Basket Spend With Mission-Based, Segmented Convenience Strategies & Tailored Ranges, Offerings & Promotions Strategies
- Personalise your promotions policies to store characteristics to engage shoppers and increase spend
- Increase capture rates with insight-led strategies which deliver the right offering and range for your stores and customers
- Appropriately adapting your offerings across small-format grocers, symbols, forecourts and independents
Customer Category Development Manager, Total Snacking
11.55 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Convenience Growth Day, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
12.25 Lunch & Informal Networking
12.55 Informal Discussions & Peer Brainstorming
Planogramming & Store Layouts
Head of Own Label
Success In The Symbol Groups
Remaining Relevant In Small Format Multiples
Winning Propositions & Enduring Partnerships In Forecourt Retailing
13.25 Afternoon Chair’s Remarks
FOOD-TO-GO & MEAL OCCASION OPPORTUNITIES
Competing To Win In A Crowded Market: What Is The Future Of Mission-Led Meal Occasions & How Can You Tap Into It?
- How can category managers operate with a lack of data to spot gaps and seize growth opportunities within food-to-go over the next five years?
- Pairing and meal occasion strategies which persuade shoppers to ‘trade-up’ to premium meal deals or snacking solutions
13.40 Ian Garrett
Sales Director – Convenience
14.15 Richard Hemming
Head of Category, Planning
14.50 Bonus Session; Reserved For Exclusive Partner. To get involved in The Convenience Growth Day, please call +44 (0)20 3479 2299 or email email@example.com for more details.
15.20 Refreshment Break & Informal Networking
INDEPENDENT ADHERENCE - DELEGATE DISCUSSION
15.50 How Do You Convince Independent Retailers To See The Mutual Advantages Of Complying With Category Plans?
- What actual control and power do head offices have when influencing and incentivising independents to meet their vision after signing up to the fascia? How successful is this?
- Drive the right category principles and brand vision to ensure retailer buy-in and maintain compliance across range, promotion, display and pricing
- How do we know when we’ve achieved compliance success? Which KPIs should we focus on to determine success or failure?
FUTURE OF CONVENIENCE
16.10 Adaptive Strategies To Stay Ahead & Capitalise On Convenience Growth In The Changing UK Retail Market
- What future innovations are set to compliment ever-changing shopper missions and behaviour and how could you use them?
- How can convenience stores capitalise on click-and-collect and the rise of online shopping forcing people to top-up little and often?
- How are shopper perceptions of price and value changing and how can manufacturers keep one step ahead?
Head of Impulse Category Development
16.40 Co-Chair’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Convenience Day
Please check the website regularly for updates and newly-confirmed speakers. For more information on how to get involved in The Category Management Conference – Driving Growth, please call +44 (0)203 479 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.